Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John G Slattery has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 27
I have retained Dr Slattery as my Primary Care Physician for over 14 Years now and as such have experienced only the best care across the entire spectrum. His referrals have been nothing less than exemplary and have been to very professional and personable practitioners and specialists. He and his staff have established themselves as the bar that all others have to measure up to.
This Doctor is the most caring Doctor I have ever been to I would not trade him for the best of the best because he is the best. He listens to everything you say to him and explains everything to you. He does not rush you out of the office like most Doctors do who are just looking to make the money and have no interest in you. It's all about the money, well let me tell you this Doctor cares about you. You see I lost my insurance and I have COPD and could no longer afford to go to a lung Doctor. The only Doctor that let me keep going to him and carried my bill for 2 years and told me to pay what I could and when I could He truly cares about his patient and he is the reason I am alive today someday I hope to do something special for him as a thank you for caring. These Doctors are rare to find. I hope he reads this and knows how special he is. THANK YOU DR. SLATTERY FOR BEING THERE WHEN I NEEDED YOU AND YOU ARE STILL THERE FOR ME. JUST A GRATEFUL AND THANKFUL PATIENT.
Dr. Slattery failed to disclose to my brother the results of an MRI that stated a differential diagnosis of a brain tumor as a reason for a seizure. Dr. Slattery diagnosed a TIA and treated my brother for high cholesterol (235). My brother subsequently suffered a major seizure 10 weeks later and at that time the results of the MRI were revealed. My brother died two months later - the tumors were inoperable.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2014, 2010, 2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2015, 2012, 2011, 2016, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Slattery is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Rhode Island Hospital
Dr. John G Slattery accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEast Greenwich Family Practice, 925 Main St, East Greenwich, RI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John G Slattery in this video.
Dr. John G Slattery is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Greenwich, RI.