Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John T Slocumb has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. John T Slocumb has the following 11 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
Dr. John T Slocumb has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. John T Slocumb is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
WHEN LOOKING FOR A DR. YOU WANT SOMEONE TO COME IN, SHAKE YOUR HAND, SMILE, AND MOST OF ALL SIT DOWN AND LISTEN TO YOU. EVERY VISIT I HAVE HAD I FEEL LIKE I AM JUST A NUMBER TO HIM. IN AND OUT AS FAST AS HE CAN GET. NEVER ONCE HAS SAT DOWN TO LISTEN TO ME. NO PATIENT SHOULD HAVE TO FEEL AS IF THEY ARE BEING RUSHED. FOUND MORE ANSWERS FROM TYPING IN GOOGLE, THAN GETTING HIM TO EXPLAIN THINGS TO ME. DR.S NEED TO REMEMBER WE PATIENTS ARE NOT DR.S SO PLEASE EXPLAIN THINGS IN DETAIL TO US. BED SIDE MANNER IS NO GOOD.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Slocumb is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Mercer University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Medical Center Of Central Georgia
Dr. John T Slocumb accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWomens Specialty Care, 682 Hemlock St Ste 300, Macon, GA
Dr. John T Slocumb is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Macon, GA.