Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John C Steffek has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
Dr. John C Steffek has the following 12 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Birth Control
- Depressive Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Substance Abuse
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. John C Steffek has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John C Steffek is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 37
We have been seeing Dr. Steffek for a couple years now and he has really helped my son. He is a psychiatrist and he prescribes medication, if that is not what you want, then you need to see a different doctor. He s very knowledgeable about medication interactions and side effects. He has always been straight forward but kind and compassionate toward me and my son. Whenever I have questions or issues I can call and talk to someone right away and they will talk to Dr Steffek and get back to me within an hour or so. I've even had him call me himself late at night to check in on how things are going. Yes sometimes it can take a long time to be seen but that's because he has lots of patients and tries to see everyone he can each day. He cares about his patients. He only takes a few insurance plans so I pay out of pocket to see him but I feel its worth it.
I left a message with his staff 9 months ago and 4 times after that just wanted him to know that he made a very big impact on my life and helped me, but he never returned my call. I was his pt. when he was in Chicago well i went on to become a nurse because of him and wanted to thank him but i guess i won't have that chance
49 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. John C Steffek accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
Locations & DirectionsJohn Charles Steffek Md, 9611 Louetta Rd, Spring, TX
Dr. John C Steffek is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Spring, TX.