Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John B Sweet has the following 1 specialty
- Allergy & Immunology
Dr. John B Sweet has the following 16 expertise
- Watery Eyes
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Nasal Allergies
- Food Allergies
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Hay Fever
Dr. John B Sweet has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 43
Dr. Sweet lives up to his name. He IS sweet, caring, compassionate, understanding, and spends as much time and energy as needed with you. You are not another number or person. You are his patient. And he is incredibly smart, wise, insightful, and will never give up on you until he has you accurately diagnosed and being treated in the best possible way. He does his research, then spends time with you, and follows up thoroughly. In Dr. Sweet's care, you are in the best hands possible. And to top it off, he is really fun and friendly and puts you right at ease. The highest rating to give here is four stars, but know Dr. Sweet should get five. His brilliance has saved me.
I suffered with allergies and asthma for years and my doctor never thought it was as bad as I said they were. I went to Dr. Sweet and he figured out the problems right away. I'm now on allergy shots and I hardly have any symptoms. I brought my son to him 3 months ago and now he's doing much better, too!
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2017, 2018)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2017, 2018)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
18 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 2000
Dr. John B Sweet accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsApril S Leaveck Phd, 825 S 8th St, Minneapolis, MN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John B Sweet in this video.
Dr. John B Sweet is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.