Diabetic Macular Edema
Get the facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types and the doctors and specialists who treat it.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John G Tew has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. John G Tew has the following 12 expertise
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Vision Issues
- Laser Surgery
- Lasik Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
- Contact lenses
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Eye Exam
- Eye Pain
Dr. John G Tew is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I've been seeing Dr. Tew for years, and have never been disappointed with his care or treatment. He is one of the most concerned and caring physicians that I have ever known. He spends time with his patients, shows concern, and if extremely kind, caring and knowledgeable. I would not hesitate to recommend him to both family and friends.
I am insulted by the non-coordination between doctor with ancillary staff & among different ancillary staffs in caring for me And they all visibly shown they have no interest in my health or helping me to understand my eye problems. Waited 1 hour past my appointment time. Dr Tew only seemed to concern with the typing in his medical terms by an assistant. Never give me the diagnosis, discuss option plans or simply what he plans to do, never answered the questions I posted to him. Both the doctor and the 3 ancillary persons I encountered, none of them show any appreciation of patients' needs, one even said "I don't know what you mean?" pertaining to my questions, she had no interest in finding out the answers for the patient, and there is no system of following up to call patient for what they need to know. There customer service is worst than Wal Mart of any bad government offices. Tragic, our eye sight is very precious, yet this group inlandeyespecialists, the staff and doctors do not seem interest to take care of their patients and help them recover or retain good eye sights, I don't want any one in this medical group come near my eye balls.
Dr. Tew is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. John G Tew accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & DirectionsInland Eye Specialists, 3953 W Stetson Ave Ste 100, Hemet, CA
Dr. John G Tew is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hemet, CA.