Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About John G Tharp
John G Tharp is a Doctor primarily located in Little Rock, AR. They speak English.
Showing 5 of 13
I have been his patient for more than 10 years. Not routinely until the last 5 years probably. With that said I have never had an issue scheduling an appointment, excess prescriptions (he has only ever prescribed me 1 prescription and I have taken it for 5 years with no negative side effects), he always makes me feel comfortable talking to him, and he is very informative. Dr. Tharp isn't a doctor that you are going to walk in and see in a suit and tie, which I can appreciate it. By him wearing his jeans and ball hat I can appreciate that he is a person just like me. He is dressed casual which allows to environment to feel comfortable and not stuffy and all business like when visiting a doctor in his suit and tie with his white jacket on. Dr. Tharp is a well educated health professional that wouldn't purposely prescribe medication that he knew would harm somebody. I'm sure that he has purpose in the prescriptions he writes. Not everyone tolerates medication the same; therefore, I'm sure there are times that a doctor writes a prescription and the patient has negative side effects.
If you are considering choosing this psychiatrist as your child's or your own, FORGET IT. Dr. John G Tharp is a condescending, unprofessional, bigot. As a patient or client of his, you feel will feel entirely inferior. He prescribes medications as if you are a test subject, rather than an actual human being who has thoughts, feelings, or opinions. I could write a book, but unfortunately their is not enough time,nor space in this box. My warning to all considering would be to trust your instincts including this comment I hope I have enlightened you and have assisted in anyway I could. Thanks.
I have a 4 yr old daughter suffering from anxiety. She is in therapy and was referred to Dr.Tharp. He was late, not even at the office until 30 minutes after our appointment time. He is dressed unprofessionally, in jeans, jacket and ball cap which he never removed. He did a lot of talking without really saying anything. He diagnosed her bipolar. It wasn't the diagnosis I disagreed with but the treatment. She was on Paxil given to her by our PCM along with xanax. He said to take her off these meds in 3-4 days, no weaning schedule. He prescribed seroquil for sleep, which is an anti-psychotic and lithium, no anti-depressant. I have another daughter and husband both also bipolar and know the many meds they have been prescribed. His prescriptions are way off. These meds should be last resorts especially for a newly diagnosed 14 yr old. And now that she has seen a psychiatrist, our PCM won't see her. So we are in limbo making choices for ourselves and hoping to find another Dr. asap. All we are trying to do is help our daughter. Do not go to him. He won't return our calls either.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions1501 Aldersgate Rd, Little Rock, AR
Take a minute to learn about John G Tharp in this video.
John G Tharp is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Little Rock, AR.