Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Thorp MD
Dr. John Thorp, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chapel Hill, NC, with another office in Chapel Hill, NC. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Thorp is affiliated with Duke Regional Hospital and Duke University Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. John Thorp has 2 locations
1181 Weaver Dairy Road Suite 150
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Book Online Now
Dr. John Thorp has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. John Thorp has the following 15 expertise
- Pregnancy Complications, Cardiovascular
- Urinary Incontinence, Stress
- Clinical Research
- Fetal Diseases
- Premature Labor
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Uterine Cancer
- Pregnancy Complications, Hematologic
- Puerperal Disorders
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Hot Flashes
- Pregnancy Complications, Infectious
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Premature Rupture Fetal Membranes
Showing 5 of 57
Self-verified patient of Dr. John Thorp - Posted on February 5th, 2019
Self-verified patient of Dr. John Thorp - Posted on January 2nd, 2019
Dr.T should be recognized more!
Self-verified patient of Dr. John Thorp - Posted on December 12th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. John Thorp - Posted on December 2nd, 2018
Dr Thorp,is a Doctor you can trust. Excellent care excellent Bedside matters. Will listen and answer questions. He is the best. Will explain medical condition to you. Will spend time with you. Excellent care. Excellent. He is polite and friendly . Excellent service I am thankful for Dr Thorp for saving my life. I had ovarian cancer . Thank you Dr. Thorp. . You are wonderful You are the best
Self-verified patient of Dr. John Thorp - Posted on November 14th, 2018
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Thorp is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
The Brody School Of Medicine At East Carolina University
Graduated in 1983
University Of North Carolina Health System
Dr. John Thorp Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. John Thorp's office for more information.
1181 Weaver Dairy Road Suite 150 Chapel Hill, NC : (984) 974-7005
101 Manning Drive N.C. Women's Hospital Chapel Hill, NC : (984) 974-2131
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John Thorp, MD in Chapel Hill, NC, in this video.
Dr. John Thorp is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Chapel Hill, NC.