Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John A Towbin
Dr. John A Towbin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Little Rock, AR, with another office in Little Rock, AR. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Towbin is affiliated with Baptist Health Medical Center North Little Rock. He speaks English.
Dr. John A Towbin has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Showing 5 of 23
I had three seizures within a year and the Nuerologist at the hospital put me on medication and I never saw him again. I decided to seek another Neurologist, and with a recommendation from a friend an appointment was make with Dr Towbin. Dr sent me to multiple specialists and began follow up with additional testing. He is one of those Dr.'s you want to rule out everything and just not medicate the problem!
Excellent doctor. Good bedside manner. Easy to talk with and understand. He explains everything on my level, just ask him questions.
Dr. Towbin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of Colorado School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. John A Towbin accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. John A Towbin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Little Rock, AR.