Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John L Udell MD
Dr. John L Udell, MD is a Doctor primarily located in West Union, IA, with other offices in La Crosse, WI and La Crosse, WI (and 1 other location). He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Udell is affiliated with Ministry St Mary's Hospital and St Mary's Hospital Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John L Udell has 4 locations
1900 South Ave Fl 2
La Crosse, WI 54601
Book Online Now
Dr. John L Udell has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John L Udell has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. John L Udell is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Annual physical. Relaxed manner, friendly, involved me in descison making re. my health planning. Very thorough in exam, answered all my questions.
Self-verified patient of Dr. John L Udell - Posted on April 18th, 2015
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Udell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
Graduated in 1987
Franciscan Skemp Healthcare
Dr. John L Udell Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem WI Blue Priority X Indiv DirectAccess
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Gundersen Health Plan
- Gundersen Health Plan Select Network
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
- Wellmark Alliance Select
Locations & Directions
Dr. John L Udell is similar to the following 4 Doctors near West Union, IA.