Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John M Wurst has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
He was very aggressive with me when I nicely suggested that I didn't think my daughters headaches were from lack of sleep. My daughter has an arachnoid Cyst. This was her second visit and he just suggested another drug. I didn't appreciate being belittled in front of my beutifull wife and Beutifull daughter and I walked out feeling rather offended by his aggressive demeanor toward me. I didn't care to here him insult his wifes sleep habits and talk about how great he sleeps. I think he likes the Woman and would have rather had me stay home. I didn't go to the first appointment.
I've been to several neurologists over the years (most bad), however, I really liked Dr. Wurst. I liked his staff as well. If he made me wait longer than usual, he apologized and acknowledged that emergencies happen. There were times when meds prescribed and things weren't quite right and instead of attacking me, or vice versa, he always tried to talk it through with me until it was right. He never claimed to know it all, and was always patient with me in wanting to know something or try something new. He didn't cure it all for me, but I appreciate his willingness to try.
Dr. Wurst is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Uc Davis Medical Center
Dr. John M Wurst accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSpokane Headache Clinic, 105 W 8th Ave Ste 560, Spokane, WA
Dr. John M Wurst is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Spokane, WA.