Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John J Zaro Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Zaro has treated me with concern and sincerity. He spends the time to get all the information necessary to arrive at the correct diagnosis. I really appreciate the "old school" manner he treats. He is not affected by todays pressure of the Hospital quotas and Insurance expectations. His advise is his advice. Not to appease some other interest, only the patients.
Dr. Zaro has treated many members of my family. At first he tamed my depression and anxiety. He prescribed Clonazepam 4mg per day and the last year Tylenol #3 1 per day for multiple shoulder dislocations. He had his prescription pad stolen a couple times by drug addicts and now feels the DEA is lurking around every corner. This paranoia clouds his judgement and he feels I am a addict although he prescribed the medications. Time to sit in the rocking chair before the little men in black suits knock on your door.
Dr. Zaro is by far the best one I have seen in 56yrs. His superior knowledge of medications aids him in getting you on the mend quickly.I had depession so bad for many years that I almost consumed all the Vodca in Pa. Dr. Zaro is easy to talk to and spends as much time with you as he deemsneeded. He does not over book appt.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Zaro is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Dr. John J Zaro Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHc Medical Associates, 233 W Germantown Pike, Norristown, PA
Dr. John J Zaro Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norristown, PA.