Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Johnny L Lin has the following 2 specialties
- Foot and Ankle Orthopaedics
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Johnny L Lin has the following 6 expertise
- Ankle Injuries
- Foot Injuries
- Foot Deformities
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Sports Medicine
Dr. Johnny L Lin has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 20
Seen Dr. Lin and had OCD surgery in 2012 on my left ankle. Made a complete recovery without major complications. Had tendon and OCD surgery on my right ankle/foot in 2014 and had several problems after surgery. After many follow up doctor's visits, It took my physical therapist to suggest that my symptoms appeared to be tarsal tunnel syndrome. When I brought that to Dr. Lin's attention he then agreed, and said that I probably would need more surgery. It appears Dr. Lin is overbooked and cannot pay attention to each patients problem. Midwest Orthopedic is like a factory and a assembly line of patients with foot/ankle problems. Also, his one P.A is condescending when she speaks to you and handles a lot of his follow up visits. When you ask her if you will be seeing the doctor today she will say " If you want to wait ". If you are on the Chicago Bulls or Chicago White Sox I am sure your level of treatment would be 5 star treatment. If your just a working man like me, your not very important and they don't show a lot of interest or care in how you are recovering.
Saw Dr. Lin for HALLUX RIGIDUS (very painful arthritis of the big toe) & he spent less than 15 minutes /SUGGESTED fusion surgery (my toe would not move). When I declined, he referred me to get orthotics, which didn't work. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR $ (@$400 ofc visit + $300 xrays) on this Ortho.Spent over 1 hour and 20 mins on forms and waiting!! Saw Dr. Bartel (FVORTHO surgeon),who listened,cared,operated and fixed my BIG toe-back to work outs!.Dr. Lin didn't even try to help me! Disappointing!
I'm 6 weeks post opt from bunion surgery along with toe shortening !! Doctor Lin was so professional and completly calming !! He sat with is as if he was waiting to make sure all our questions were answered !! His work is impeckable ! I'm so happy with my results ! His staff especially his PA s Pam and Katie were so concerned at any needs I had !! I came down with a bad flu and his staff offered personal cell numbers for 24 hr questions that s what it's all about I give them a 10 all around and recxomend them highly !!!
He put in an unnecessary rod in my leg. Led me on for six months having his lackey telling me its not healing like we want it to. To have him come in and tell me thereâs nothing more i can do for you and send me to someone else. He was a big waste of time delaying my recovery for six months and i have to start over. Please before he does any major surgery get a second or third opinion or just go somewhere else. This effects the rest of your life please be careful.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
18 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Mcgaw Medical Center
Dr. Johnny L Lin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMidwest Orthopedics at Rush, 1611 W Harrison St, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Johnny L Lin, MD - Foot and Ankle Orthopaedics in Chicago, IL, in this video.
Dr. Johnny L Lin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.