More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joi A Butler has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Physicians are held to higher standards in society. When you walk an exam room, say hello and introduce yourself, ask how are you, smile. Seemed disgruntled, felt like we were being interrogated instead her putting my daughter at ease. Dr. Butler is a Pediatrician for God's sake, ACT like it, compassionate, friendly, caring. The staff was annoyed, bored, and acted like they could care less. This dr was unfortunately the same. Ironically we went to this dr office because another dr has her child at a locale private school and she opened a dr office in an inner city neighborhood to contribute to patients who might not otherwise get good healthcare. I have private insurance, I have access to whatever provider I choose. I choose to go there. I choose to go elsewhere now, where the standard is expected to provide quality healthcare with compassion and professionalism.
Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Medical Center
Dr. Joi A Butler accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joi A Butler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.