Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jon P Kea
Dr. Jon P Kea, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. He has 12 years of experience. His specialties include Hospice & Palliative Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kea is affiliated with Chinese Hospital, California Pacific Medical Center - California Campus and El Camino Hospital Mountain View Campus. Dr. Kea has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Jon P Kea has the following 2 specialties
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jon P Kea has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Jon P Kea has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jon P Kea is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Kea is a credit to his profession. Highly intelligent, knowledgeable, kind, compassionate, and caring. It's rare to find a doctor with the whole skill set and a very comforting and friendly bed side manner. He really takes the time to understand and care for his patients. He deserves the doctor of the year award!
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Kea is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
12 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Jon P Kea accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Locations & DirectionsCedars-Sinai Medical Center, 8700 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Jon P Kea is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.