Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jon H Levine has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jon H Levine has the following 15 expertise
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Gland Issues
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Lipid Disorders
- Thyroid Diseases
- Cushing Disease
Dr. Jon H Levine has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 6
I have had a mysterious swelling condition that has continually progressed for 10 years. I even went to the Mayo clinic and received no relevant help.The first appointment with Dr. Levine, he took time to explain things he believed were and were not possible causes of my condition. He offered to investigate and follow through with his theory concerning my issues. I am so very inspired and grateful to find a physician who is willing to take the time to truly seek to understand my mystery and I pray his efforts will lead to a cure for me. I would definitely recommend Dr. Levine.
I am a retired nurse and when I was first referred to Dr. Levine, I had such a hang up over having to go on insulin that he was just the right person I needed. He spent over an hour with me on that first appointment talking to me, teaching me that I was able to say yes to insulin and that was over 20 years ago. He is definitely the best around.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
- University Of Toronto Faculty Of Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsJon Howard Levine Md, 6106 Hickory Valley Rd, Nashville, TN
Dr. Jon H Levine is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.