- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Jon Whitehurst has 3 locations
Jon Whitehurst has the following 2 SPECIALTIES
Jon Whitehurst has the following 26 expertise
- Acl Surgery
- Acl Tear
- All Shoulder Replacement Procedures
- Anterior Knee pain
- Arm Surgery
- Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
- Biceps Tendon Injuries
- Complex Knee ligament reconstruction
- Knee Arthroscopy
- LCL and Posterolateral Corner Reconstruction
- Mcl Tear
- Meniscus Repair
- Meniscus Tear
- Partial Shoulder Replacement
- Patellar and quad tendon tear
- Patellar Instability
- Patellar Realignment
- Pcl Injury, Reconstructive Surgery, Rotator Cuff Repair And More
- Rotator Cuff Surgery
- Shoulder Arthritis
- Shoulder Dislocation Treatment
- Shoulder Fracture And Dislocation Treatment
- Shoulder Instability
- Shoulder Labral Tear
- Telemedicine consultations
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2020)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2020)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
35 Years Experience
Graduated in 1985
Jon Whitehurst Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Jon Whitehurst
Dr. Jon Whitehurst is an Orthopedic Surgeon and he has been serving Rockford, IL since 1996. He is board certified by American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.About Jon Whitehurst, MD:Dr. Jon Whitehurst is originally from Evanston, Illinois and earned his B.S. degree in chemical engineering with a biomedical emphasis from Northwestern University in 1985. Following graduation from college, Dr. Whitehurst was commissioned as an officer in the United States Navy, serving as a Naval Flight Officer from 1985 to 1992. After graduating first in his flight school class, he was assigned to an aircraft carrier-based F-14 TOMCAT Squadron. Continuing with high achievements, he was selected to attend TOPGUN, the Navy Fighting Weapons School and served during Operation Desert Shield.Dr. Whitehurst resumed his studies at the University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine following Honorable Discharge from active duty in 1992. He obtained his medical degree in 1996 and subsequently completed advanced orthopedic training as part of his residency at the University of Chicago Hospitals in 2001.In 2002 Dr. Whitehurst completed a fellowship in arthroscopic surgery and sports medicine at the Southern California Orthopaedic Institute (SCOI). His subspecialty training focuses specifically on minimally invasive arthroscopic treatment of the shoulder, knee, ankle, elbow, wrist and sports medicine. While at SCOI, he produced award-winning research in shoulder instability and worked with research projects in knee ligament reconstruction. As an advocate for continuing medical education, Dr. Whitehurst has authored numerous journal articles and presentations on arthroscopic surgery, and he is a Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Rockford, lecturing on orthopedic subjects in conjunction with the University of Chicago. He also serves as an instructor to other orthopedic surgeons for advanced arthroscopic techniques