Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jonathan A Bloch has the following 1 specialty
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
- Colorectal Surgery
Showing 5 of 19
In 2000, in Melbourne, FL. I laid in a hospital bed for 12 hours in agonizing pain. None of the doctors who saw me could diagnose the source of my pain, despite having given me many tests. Dr. Bloch happened to come on duty and luckily for me, he came in my room to see if he could figure out what was wrong. Within two minutes, he determined that my appendix was leaking, needed to come out, and reassured me that he would not leave me with an enormous scar. He used a laproscope to remove my appendix, making only two TINY incisions that left barely a trace of scarring. Even more importantly, I was on my feet THE NEXT MORNING (granted, I was in my mid-20's at the time) walking on the beach by that afternoon! I was back to normal by the end of that week. Not only was Dr. Bloch clearly a top-notch surgeon (I have had many, many surgeries by now and would know) but he was also a very down-to-earth, and kind person. He showed a great deal of empathy for a medical professional and treated me very kindly. Fast forward to the present: I now live in Blue Ridge, GA. and was extremely pleased to find that Dr. Bloch has also relocated to this area and has an office in the Riverstone Bldg. and performs surgery at Fannin Regional. I am thrilled to know that if anyone in my family needs surgery, that we have one of the best right here in town to go to. If the other doctors at Fannin are of a similar caliber to Dr. Bloch, then we in this area are truly blessed indeed!
Dr. Bloch removed my gall bladder on a Monday and I was back to work the following Monday. I only took one pain pill the entire time. I am 66 years old so I was expecting the worst. It could not have gone any better. I picked him because he was educated in this country. I would recommend him to anyone that needs an excellent surgeon and person.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
23 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Jonathan A Bloch accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBlueridge Dermatology, 101 Riverstone Vis Ste 215, Blue Ridge, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jonathan A Bloch in this video.
Dr. Jonathan A Bloch is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Blue Ridge, GA.