More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jonathan Bernstein has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Jonathan Bernstein has the following 8 expertise
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Lysosomal Storage Diseases
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
Dr. Jonathan Bernstein is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Dr.B is the most loving and caring doctor. He truly cares about his patients. My daughter started seeing him 4 years ago and was diagnosed with CVID. Because of Dr.B my daughter is healthy and happy. My daughter looks forward to seeing him every 4 weeks. The staff is amazing, caring and very loving!
For the last 2 years Dr. B. has taken such good care of my son, it makes me feel comfortable and assured. What a lucky family we are!
Doctor Bernstein is the best doctor I have ever had I can honestly say he is such an amazing man and cares for all his patients, its going on about 10 years since ive been his patient and he has always known how to make all of his patients smile and laugh but at the same time knows just how to be a good doctor and keep his patients healthy and safe no matter their conditions, I highly reccomend him.
Dr. B is so caring, he's the best! If you want to find a doctor for your kid, I recommend him. I've had him as a doctor since I was 8 and he is truly an angel. It's a pity that I'm an adult now and I must find a doctor for adults. He puts so much dedication to everything that he does. He's awesome! I will miss him.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2013, 2014)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
27 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1991
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Dr. Jonathan Bernstein accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsConnecticut Childrens Medical Center, 282 Washington St, Hartford, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jonathan Bernstein in this video.
Dr. Jonathan Bernstein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hartford, CT.