Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jonathan B Blitzer has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
Showing 5 of 27
Went to Dr. Blitzer awhile back. My cancer returned for the 3rd time and I had found another lump - Dr. Blitzer absolutely refused to order a PET scan on me. I finally had one ordered by my surgeon and not only did my tumor glow under the scan but I had a lymph node in the center of my chest also glowing. Had I not changed oncologist and got that PET scan I would probably be dead by now. Always go with your Gut and if a doctor won't order a test for you that you know every other cancer patient gets - then go elsewhere. It may just save your life!
I have to comment on Dr. Blitzer's level of patient - doctor communication and care. My father was a cancer patient of Dr. Blitzer's, and he is currently on home hospice care and getting progressively worse. He has terminal cancer. Over the past couple of months, my father was in the hospital, and then went to a nursing home to further recover and receive therapy. My mother was in contact with Blitzer's office for questions, etc. several times during this time and NOT ONCE did Dr. Blitzer ever see my father either in the hospital or nursing home. On my mothers 2nd to last phone call to his office, she asked for an estimate on how much time my father had left. The nurse to whom she was speaking said she would go ask the doctor - Dr. Blitzer DID NOT EVEN COME TO THE PHONE to talk to my mother. This is appalling and shameful, in my opinion. Moreover, his office later knew, via my mother's last call to them, that he was going on hospice care. Dr. Blitzer NEVER called, his office didn't call either to follow up, Shame on him, and shame on the lack of communication, care, empathy etc. This is not the way to treat a patient!
after 4 visit with this doctor, felt he didn"t give a dam about me as a patient. i was with pacific shores cancer center before. insurance changed, and i got dr blitzer, he doesn"t know me or does he care. even tho i no longer with pacific shore center, they still call and ask how i am doing. was in the hospital for lung infection, pacific shores calleed. dr blitzer forget it.
38 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1980
Suny Health Science Center
Dr. Jonathan B Blitzer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCynthia Ann Forsthoff Md, 5882 Bolsa Ave Ste 100, Huntington Beach, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jonathan B Blitzer in this video.
Dr. Jonathan B Blitzer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Huntington Beach, CA.