Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jonathan D Thompson
Dr. Jonathan D Thompson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Covington, LA, with another office in Hammond, LA. He has 13 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. Dr. Thompson is affiliated with Cypress Pointe Surgical Hospital. Dr. Thompson has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jonathan D Thompson has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Jonathan D Thompson has the following 12 expertise
- Herniated Disc
- Spinal Stenosis
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Back Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Spine Inflammation (Spondylarthropathies)
- Neck Injuries
- Spinal Fractures
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
Dr. Jonathan D Thompson has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jonathan D Thompson is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 42
I have degenerative osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. That means I live with significant pain. Dr. Thompson has overseen my pain management program for 2 years. He has been EFFECTIVE at reducing my pain and improving my quality of life. He is intellectually brilliant and a caring man. He has a good reputation and other people I know really have great things to say about him. I can highly recommend Dr. Thompson as a expert professional if you ever need this kind of resource.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Thompson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
13 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Jonathan D Thompson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS LA BlueConnect HMO POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jonathan D Thompson in this video.
Dr. Jonathan D Thompson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Covington, LA.