Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jonathan J Jakus has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Jonathan J Jakus has the following 11 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Jonathan J Jakus has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 34
poorly treated, wrongfully profiled (because i had medicaid at the time).....just terrible.....thank the heavens above I found a doctor that took me seriously and addressed by medical condition at Cornell Hospital in NYC.....this dr would have put me through loops to try get answers as to why I was in so much pain twice a month....Cornell dr sent me for an MRI right away and was able to diagnose and give me the the proper treatment which is unfortunately a hysterectomy...dr jakus on the other hand told me to start birth control for 3 months to "see if it helps" ---his Desk nurse Nancy is something else.....I called the following week after being seen for this issue and she told me to come in....i couldnt as i just started a new job and that he had just seen me for this same issue and i would need for him to pls call in the medication that he told me he would prescribe for me----they want people to constantly come in for to get paid...its a known practice that is inconvenient especially when i had JUST SEEN HIM for this....in any case, "nurse" nancy stating "call him back at 2pm and speak to him directly; im too busy and have other things to do so i cannot take a message for him to call you back"----that was the last straw....rude office...the office is not technologically up to date at all! I'm not the typical patient they have walking through those doors who barely can communicate and does not self advocate---
He is truly a warm and compassionate doctor. I feel so comfortable talking with Dr Jakus, he does not rush you through you appointments and he listens to your concerns. I feel confident when I leave the office that I was well cared for. The office staff is absolutely wonderful and have been there for a very long time. That alone says a lot about Dr Jakus and the working relationship he has with his staff. I would highly recommend Dr Jakus.
Dr. Jakus is a good doctor. The staff, however are rude. They ask for personal patient information right the desk where other patients can hear you. They once wrote down the wrong exam name for a test I needed done. Good thing I checked what they had written down. One of them has an attitude with the patients.
Dr. Jakus is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Graduated in 1973
St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital Center
Dr. Jonathan J Jakus accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHudson Center For Womens Health, 258 High Ave, Nyack, NY
Dr. Jonathan J Jakus is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nyack, NY.