Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Jonathan E Perley has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Jonathan E Perley has the following 8 expertise
- Bladder Issues
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Prostate Cancer
- Urologic Emergencies
- Kidney Stones
Dr. Jonathan E Perley has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jonathan E Perley is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 41
I do not recommend this Dr Perley, My dad needs prostate surgery. It was already known by the first appointment. The surgery is finally scheduled for August. Today we are in June, I dad has to wait two months for surgery.. The staff is horrible, They sound very uneducated and very uncaring. I have left so many messages for their office manager. No call backs. I just hope in the future , he will experience what's like to be on the Catheter four 4 months!
The experience was a nightmare. He kept me qaiting so long for the exam thatbthe local wore off. He misdiagnosed me for a chronic painful condition and then gave me no guidance, support or discussion. I went for a few treatments and kept getting worse and after the third visit all I got was a flyer about the condition from a nurse! He also said he could cure and fix me c or a chronic disease that has no cure. I went to another Urologist for a second opinion and he knew in one quick exam that I most likely did not have this condition and that it was something else. The Doctor Peeler I saw was the older man. Don't go ever!
I will never go back to this doctor in my life. I have a bladder problem that causes me to go to the restroom for long periods (hours) at times, it is so bad I had to drop out of school because I can't make it to my classes. So I go see dr perley and while I am waiting to be seen by him I have the urge to use the restroom I go in and take a very long time about 2 hr. The staff starts to tell my mom that she has to take me out of the restroom, my mom starts to explain my situation which she didn't have to that reason I go see dr perley. They didn't care and they stared telling my mom that they were going to call the police if I didnt get out in 5 min. The doctor finally talk to me and told me that he was trying to help me but that he knew I was sick but I couldn't stay in the restroom past 30 min. What kind of doctor does this ? The whole reason I am there is because I want to get better and live a normal life where I don't have to get stuck in a restroom for 2 hrs or more. So I guess inside the exam room he understands my problem but outside he just forgets about my problem and wants me to function normally if that was the case I wouldn't have to go to see dr perley but I do have this problem this that I cant get rid of. Don't go to this doctor find one who cares about there patients and doesn't over book appointment because trust me you will wait a long Time.
I have taken my mother to two appointments. Both times we had a long wait pass our appointment. The last one it took 2 hrs to be called, then had to wait more time waiting for the doctor to come in to see my mother. Both times the waiting room has been packed full of people. At one point the people waiting spilled over to the hallway outside the office. One man was laying on the floor sleeping and another woman was sitting on the floor against the wall. No extra chairs were available. An older man came in his pajamas and robe with a catheter. It seems the doctor told his caretaker not to take him to the ER but to bring him into the office on an "emergency status". He waited almost an hour before he was called. His caretaker sure voiced her concern. I finally went up to the receptionist and ask how many doctors where in the office. She said only Dr. Perley. All the patients were waiting to see him. She said he was "backed up" because of "3" emergencies. I told her (in front of everyone) that we could understand when emergencies arise but out of courtesy, the staff should inform the patients waiting of the reason for the long wait. Other people were voicing their concerns to me. One said he has always had to wait a long time. My mom had a 2:30 pm appointment and was called into the patient room at 4:30 pm. My mom is very disabled and sitting for that length of time caused her extreme leg cramps at night. She couldn't sleep because of the pain. When I went to make her follow up appointment I asked the young woman to give me the first appointment of the day which is 9:30 am. I asked her how often they schedule appointments and she said every 5 minutes!!! My mom would have 2 people ahead of her and she was scheduled at 9:40 am. The woman also said it wouldn't be guaranteed that she wouldn't have to wait because the doctor sometimes doesn't show up until after 10:00 am. Unbelievable! I complained directly to Dr. Perley when he went in to finally see my mom. We felt rushed like he wanted us out of there soon. He didn't seem to have time to answer our questions. He still had several people waiting and it was past 5:00 pm. Dr. Perley has prescribed 2 different medications for my mom and both have not worked. I'm in the process of looking for another urologist for my 85 yr old mother. I am extremely unhappy with this doctor.
23 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
University Of Texas Health Science Center
Dr. Jonathan E Perley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net Salud EPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jonathan E Perley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lakewood, CA.