Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jonathan S Thomas
Dr. Jonathan S Thomas, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Prosper, TX. He has 10 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Thomas is affiliated with Texas Health Arlington Memorial, Texas Health Harris Methodist Hurst-Euless-Bedford and Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South. Dr. Thomas has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jonathan S Thomas has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Mood Disorders
- Urologic Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Preventive Medicine
- Gynecologic disorders
- Family Planning
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Weight Loss
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Anxiety Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
Dr. Thomas is kind, thoughtful, thorough, and patient. He knows about the latest research and always has updates for my family. Every time we visit, I worry we're making him late because he gives everyone his full attention until he has gathered his information. We never feel like a number or that we're in his way to get tot the next person, which is how we felt in other medical offices. His staff is excellent too! So friendly, courteous, helpful & professional! Dr. Thomas is just the kind of doctor we want in our small, but growing, Town!
My entire family has been patients of Dr. Thomas for a year now. We have a positive experience from day one. The office staff is very warm and knowledgeable. Dr. Thomas relates well to both adults and children and is very calming when you are otherwise worried. There are not enough good things to say about Dr. Thomas and his staff - you have to try them out yourself!
Dr. Thomas is a wonderful conscientious doctor. I have taken each one of my family members to him. I am a registered nurse and have lost faith in a lot of doctors but Dr. Thomas is amazing. He has a great bedside manner and he is current on all of today's medicines. He does not try to order too many tests he only orders what is necessary. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a good internal medicine doctor.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Thomas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
10 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2008
Dr. Jonathan S Thomas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJonathan Stephen Thomas Md, 111 S Preston Rd, Prosper, TX
Dr. Jonathan S Thomas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Prosper, TX.