Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Joo-Hyung H Lee has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Joo-Hyung H Lee has the following 11 expertise
- Giant Cell Arteritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Dr. Joo-Hyung H Lee is Board Certified in 2 specialties
Showing 5 of 26
I SAW THIS DOCTOR TO CONSULT FOR LUPUS/FIBROMYALGIA/AUTO IMMUNE CONDITIONS. HE TREATED ME LIKE I WAS CRAZY(I HAVE A 20 YEAR HISTORY OF AUTOIMMUNE CONDITIONS). HE WAS VERY CONDESCENDING AND TALKED TO ME LIKE I WAS NUTS-EVEN TOLD ME THAT I NEEDED PSYCHIATRIC CARE! I WAS FLOORED AND I TOO WANTED TO DECK HIM! I CAME TO HIM BECAUSE I WAS IN A LOT OF PAIN AND WANTED TO KNOW IF SOMETHING MORE WAS GOING ON SINCE MY RECENT BOUT WITH THYROID CANCER; IG: LUPUS, ECT... HE DID NOT SHOW ONE OUNCE OF COMPASSION-NOR DID HE CARE ABOUT MY LEGITIMATE CONCERNS! WHEN I CAME BACK TO SEE HIM TO RECEIVE MY BLOOD TESTS RESULTS, I CONFRONTED HIM ON HIS ATTITUDE-I WAS POLITE BUT TOLD HIM I WOULD NEVER TALK TO SOMEBODY AND TREAT THEM LIKE THEY ARE A MENTAL CASE, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY HAVE WELL DOCUMENTED CONDITIONS! HE DID NOT SAY A WORD-NOT SORRY OR ANYTHING-HE JUST STARED AT ME! WHAT A JERK! HE IS BY FAR ONE OF THE WORST DOCTORS THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN-I WOULD NOT EVEN BRING MY DOG TO HIM! THE STAFF WAS NOT VERY FRIENDLY NEITHER! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY WITH THIS DUDE-HE IS CLEARLY JUST IN IT FOR THE MONEY! AWFUL HUMAN BEING-COLD HEARTED!!!!!
After receiving an accurate diagnosis and treatment from a Hoag Rheumatologist, my employer switched our insurance plan and I ended up with Dr. Lee. My recollection of our first consultation is as follows: He discounted my family history that is chock-full of disabling autoimmune diseases (my Mother is also a patient of his), he belittled the diagnostic work and treatment plan of my previous rheumatologist, and he told me that the visible joint damage I had (and still have) on both hands was "just fat." When I asked him about the crippling, bi-lateral knee pain and stiffness that I had also experienced, he suggested (with a straight face!) that I had injured both of my knees at some point and just hadn't realized it at the time of injury. I was furious, shocked and deeply offended by the way Dr. Lee treated me, but I couldn't afford to pay for treatment out-of-pocket, so I was stuck with him. A year later, when I had yet another debilitating and undeniably obvious flare, I was advised by my PCP to consult with Dr. Lee again. It took an abundance of self control to keep from unleashing the obscenity laden response that I REALLY wanted to give him when he looked at my broken hands and choked out a limp apology for having dismissed me the year before. He then prescribed a treatment plan that was remarkably similar to the one that was designed by my previous rheumatologist. Dr. Lee and I have been together for three years at this point, and for the most part, our relationship is cordial and functional. He does have an excellent memory of the particular issues that both my Mother and I struggle with. She receives treatment from him and his staff on a monthly basis and speaks highly of the care she is given. He is also reliably punctual.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Lee is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Joo-Hyung H Lee accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJ LEE MEDICAL CORPARATION, 1140 W La Veta Ave Ste 610, Orange, CA
Dr. Joo-Hyung H Lee is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Orange, CA.