Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joon Lee has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Back Injuries
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Fusion
- Sports Medicine
- Wounds and Injuries
Showing 5 of 104
I waited 3 long painful months to see Dr. Lee after physical therapy failed to help classic sciatica from a severely herniated L5/S1 disc. Although 8 out of 10 doctors and medical professionals correctly identified the issue, Dr. Lee and his associate looked at the same x-ray and MRI in a quickie drive-by appointment and felt that there was no issue. In a bizarre diagnosis he recommended getting checked rheumatoid arthritis and Lyme disease despite the fact this completely disagreed with all of my symptoms an my tests. Worse, I later learned that his misdiagnosis percolated throughout the UPMC systems and impacted the ability of the UPMC pain clinic to target the S1 with epidural steroids. Fortunately a doctor friend led me to an excellent surgeon and I am 90% on the way to getting my life back. At the time, I was ticked off but now I understand that while your doctor is assessing you, you must be assessing your doctor.
I had a first posterior fusion 23 years ago when this technology was fairly new. Although a nice job by another fine doctor, I am left with screws 2-3 inches long in that area. At 52, lthough not suffering in much pain I had serious problems with my neck at all levels. I saw Dr. Lee first. Very thorough, spent all the time at first appointment that I wanted to answer questions. I still decided to see other doctors in hopes of minimally invasive surgery. Dr. Lee told me my level of issues I wasn't a candidate. Finally I returned to Dr. Lee. He thought I would have had the surgery by this time. But a C3-C7 Laminectomy and C3-T1 Posterior Fusion isn't a small surgery. BUT, Dr. Lee did a wonderful job on my neck. My post surgery visit showed a beautiful fusion with the new screw accembly used and a great job a straightening out my very deformed neck! I see him for my 3 month post surgery visit. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see him for the follow ups. He is a very busy doctor! I popped into the back nursing station where he was at the compute. Happy to see me and didn't hurry me away! Just a great guy and fine surgeon! Once he gives you that first appointment he won't let you waste his time with 2-3 apps deciding! He will tell you all you need to know at your first visit. His assistant Lauren is very nice and gracious. She has returned all my calls in the last months and I can be a pain in the but! Suffering from zero pain. Have much greater ROM than expected and looking forwArd to seeing him for release to have my hip replaced. To bad you don't do hips DR. LEE! Thanx for your wonderful service and kind personality. I expect that you have many wonderful years of doing great things with spinal surgery. May God Bless you on your way
Dr. Lee is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UPMC Shadyside Hospital
17 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Joon Lee accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 3471 5th Ave, Pittsburgh, PA
Dr. Joon Lee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.