Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jorge Cheirif
Dr. Jorge Cheirif, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Cheirif is affiliated with Baylor Scott And White Medical Center White Rock, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen. Dr. Cheirif has received 5 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jorge Cheirif has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jorge Cheirif has the following 18 expertise
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
- Coronary Disease
- Myocardial Infarction
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Heart Attack
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Jorge Cheirif is in a new practice, Presbyterian Heart and Vascular Group. I was happy to follow him to his new location. Dr. Cheirif is a good person, a compassionate individual and greatly sensitive to his patient needs. I highly recommend his new office. The personal are warm, professional, and cheery. It made the switch such an easy and good experience. Besides being a talented cardiologist, Dr. Cheirif is a native from Mexico, City. A good match for anybody looking for a doctor that speaks Spanish.
NCQA Heart/Stroke Recognition Program
The NCQA Heart/Stroke Recognition Program was launched in 2003. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to persons with cardiovascular disease (CVD) or who have had a stroke.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Bridges to Excellence: Cardiac Care Recognition Program
Cardiovascular disease refers to a number of very serious and costly conditions, including Ischemic Heart Disease (IHD). To encourage more effective treatment and management, BTE worked with cardiac care experts
Dr. Cheirif is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
Graduated in 1981
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Jorge Cheirif accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNorth Texas Heart Center, 8440 Walnut Hill Ln Ste 700, Dallas, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jorge Cheirif in this video.
Dr. Jorge Cheirif is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.