Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jorge Pinilla
Dr. Jorge Pinilla, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fort Worth, TX. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease. Dr. Pinilla is affiliated with LifeCare Hospital of Fort Worth, JPS Diagnostic and Surgery Hospital of Arlington and Baylor All Saints Medical Centers. He speaks English.
Dr. Jorge Pinilla has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
Dr. Jorge Pinilla has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Jorge Pinilla has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jorge Pinilla is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Pinilla is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
LifeCare Hospital of Fort Worth
JPS Diagnostic and Surgery Hospital of Arlington
Baylor All Saints Medical Centers
Jps Health Network
Plaza Medical Center
Baylor Medical Centre All Saints Hosp
Life Care Hospital
28 Years Experience
Pontificia Universidad Javeriana
Graduated in 1985
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions1500 S Main St, Fort Worth, TX
Dr. Jorge Pinilla is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Worth, TX.