Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jose G Garcia has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jose G Garcia has the following 9 expertise
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
Dr. Jose G Garcia has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Jose G Garcia is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Terrible Doctor. Does not care for patient. Does not follow up.Has no bedside manners. Before going to this doctor think twice before you do it. You have to wait for a long time and the office doesn't help to get the authorization for procedures and doesn't help patients. Doesn't provide physician notes on time.
Worst doctor I have ever been to. Said nothing was wrong when he said he looked at my MRI cd. Turns out what he said was bogus and I ended up needing knee surgery. Both doctors that looked at it before another orthopedic looked at my MRI cd, said that they cannot see anything. Turns out, I had major scar tissue building up in my knee and needed to be removed. A word of advise to those that will be going to this doctor, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID.
I went to this doctor as it was he was located near me because the orthopedic I went to wanted me to see Rheumatologist for my knee. He had the nerve to tell me that there was nothing wrong even after providing him with a cd of my MRI and the report from it. He said that he does not see anything that the MRI report said and that there was nothing that he could do. Also, I had an appointment with him confirmed and all and when I got there, they told me there i had no appointment and was forced to wait over 30 minutes to see him. I guess I was better off going to a different doctor.
Dr. Jose G Garcia accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRheumatology Center, 12151 Taft St, Pembroke Pines, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jose G Garcia in this video.
Dr. Jose G Garcia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pembroke Pines, FL.