Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- Sleep Apnea Sleep apnea symptoms, risk factors, and complications.
- Tennis Elbow Facts about tennis elbow, including what it is & signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Jose Mathew
Jose Mathew, D.O.,, M.P.H. is a Doctor primarily located in Decatur, GA, with other offices in Lawrenceville, GA and Lilburn, GA (and 1 other location). He has 9 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Management and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Jose Mathew is affiliated with Northside Forsyth Hospital, DeKalb Medical Center at Hillandale and Dekalb Medical Center. He speaks Malayalam, Spanish and Vietnamese.
Jose Mathew has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Management
A pain management specialist is a physician with advanced knowledge and training in diagnosing and treating pain. These doctors do not come from one particular discipline, but rather use their respective backgrounds to contribute a varied approach to the field of pain management.
These specialists use their different skills and training in pain management to treat pain stemming from different causes - whether it's neuropathic pain or headache, or the result of injury, a surgical procedure, cancer or another illness.
Pain management specialists are primarily trained as anesthesiologists, physiatrists, interventional radiologists, neurologists, osteopaths, or primary care physicians.
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
A physiatrist is a doctor who specializes in the rehabilitation and physiological treatment of patients with an illness or injury that affects movement.
These specialists have extensive knowledge of the nerves, muscles, bone, and brain. Physiatrists are also experts in pain medication.
Some common conditions that physiatrists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, neurological and spinal disorders and injuries, chronic pain disorders, like fibromyalgia, and musculoskeletal issues, like broken bones and torn muscles.
These physicians also often coordinate a team of other specialists in order to maximize the patient's recovery, such as occupational therapists, speech therapists, neurologists, orthopedists, and counselors.
- Acute Pain
- Back Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Chronic Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Epidural Blood Patch
- Hip Disorders
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Pain (Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Shoulder Pain
- Sports Medicine
- Tennis Elbow
- Vertebroplasty (Kyphoplasty)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
Very pleased with Dr. Mathew's expertise. A very considerate staff that works with him. You are always made to feel comfortable and at ease. No problem in getting an appointmen. A bedside manner good enough for anyone. Does not rush you out once you see him. Is willing to talk to you and answer any questions you may have. Would recommend him and his staff to anyone.
I know I have been to quite a few Doctors because of my back and neck problems. He is one of the only one's that I will allow to touch my back now. He sits and talks to you and explains everything you need to know in detail. He gives you options, and is always in a great mood. I am moving next month and will drive the 2+ hours just to see him and his associate, Dr. Shahram Rezaiamiri!!!! Thank you to you both for tending to me.
Mathew is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Northside Forsyth Hospital
DeKalb Medical Center at Hillandale
Dekalb Medical Center
Emory Dunwoody Medical Center
Emory Johns Creek Hospital
9 Years Experience
Nova Southeastern University College Of Dental Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Nassau University Medical Center
Jose Mathew accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Jose Mathew is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lilburn, GA.