Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jose M Pavia has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 6
Dr Pavia is a very nice man and will listen to you but will also forget what you discussed. I was supposed to receive a referral to dermatology which I never received. When I asked him about it on the next month's visit, he looked at me like a deer in headlights. When I first chose him as my provider at the first physical, I mentioned my diabetes and he asked what I took in the past. I told him and also told him it wasn't well controlled, he ended up just prescribing me the same exact meds. needless to say my diabetes is really bad, and I've had to try to use natural cures to help control it because he doesn't listen to me when i say that it's out of control. Also, had a referral to cardiology but Dr Pavia didn't seem to remember anything about my heart condition at my appointments after that. Unfortunately, I was made to feel like I was just a number, not a person being treated. Wait time was over an hour once and when I asked to reschedule, the heavyset MA or whatever she is told me in an extremely rude manner that I would be charged a cancellation fee if I didn't stay there to wait to see the Doctor. Appointment was at 10, was not called to a room until almost 11, and Dr didn't see me until 1130. On another visit to this office, Knowing the long wait time, I took in a water bottle. As I was taking a drink from it (I'm diabetic and get thirsty...) the same heavyset MA (whatever), told me I can't drink in the lobby. Are you kidding me? Was she for real? That was my last visit to this Dr office.
Dr. Pavia is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Detroit Macomb Hospitals Corp
Dr. Jose M Pavia accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
- Aetna Whole Health PrimeCare HMO CA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsChino Hills Pediatrics, 13768 Roswell Ave Ste 101, Chino, CA
Dr. Jose M Pavia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chino, CA.