Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Jose L Santini has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.<br>A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
Dr. Jose L Santini has the following 7 expertise
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Kidney Biopsy
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
Dr. Jose L Santini is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Poor Customer Service
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jose L Santini - Posted on June 13th, 2018
After traveling 25 miles to my husband’s appointment. He gave the receptionists is his name .She immediately looked at her computer apparently at the calendar and told him your appointment has been changed and gave him the new date she stated you shouldn’t be here today. I questioned if the appointment was changed why weren’t we notified? To her dismay all she could say was I don’t know. How hard is it to notify the patient that the appointment was rescheduled why didn’t you call prior to us arriving. Another display of Poor Customer Service in the medical field.
Underneath the clinical personality is a talented Doctor.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jose L Santini - Posted on June 26th, 2016
Though his personality is reserved and clinical, he is skilled at managing the complex chemistry involved throughout the kidney failure process. I have been with him for 5+ years now. He has also listened to me and worked with me in treatment options. Of course, his personality opened up considerably over time.
Skip this doctor (and I use the term loosely)
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jose L Santini - Posted on June 16th, 2015
What a Horrible Doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jose L Santini - Posted on February 9th, 2011
Dr. Santini is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Jackson Health System
Dr. Jose L Santini accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Jose L Santini
Please call 321.8HEALTH if you need help making an appointment
Locations & DirectionsNEPHROLOGY ASSOCIATES CENTRAL FL, 766 N Sun Dr Ste 3030, Lake Mary, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jose L Santini, MD - Nephrology in Lake Mary, FL, in this video.
Dr. Jose L Santini is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lake Mary, FL.