Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph C Allen Jr
Dr. Joseph C Allen Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Webster, TX. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine. Dr. Allen is affiliated with CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center, Houston Methodist St John Hospital and Clear Lake Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph C Allen Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
I have the absolute highest regard for this doctor. I first saw him for a badly herniated disc. I was in so much pain in would have gladly agreed to surgery. He is very conservative though and successfully treated me with physical therapy. I tore my meniscus a few years later. We tried conservative approaches but I ultimately opted for a successful surgery. I've sent several friends and colleagues to him over the years and everyone has given I'm a ten out of ten score. I'd never go any where else!
Dr. Allen is very patient in explaining what is going on with your body. He spent a great deal of time making sure I understood all the types of medicines he prescribed and what they would do for me. I recommend him to any and everyone. I have read other post where some people comment that he promotes surgery and that is absolutely false. He immediately told me that I would NOT need surgery and the physical therapy would be the best for my situation. I have absolute trust in him. Not to mention he is down to earth, funny and same-sex friendly. He believes that "EVERYONE" straight or same-sex should have the right to marry. I know that has nothing to do with him being a great orthopedic surgeon but it makes me like him and his morals/personality even more. He is my doctor of choice!
I would highly recommend Dr. Allen to anyone who is looking for a personalized and conservative treatment plan. He remembered me and my symptoms from visit to visit and when I saw him with major back pain and said "fix me" he didn't just do surgery, we tried EVERY alternative treatment before finally doing surgery. I feel like he truly cared about me and my progress and got to know me throughout my 10 month treatment with him. Post back surgery I have no complaints either, no pain, no discomfort and returned back to 100% prior to my disc herniation.
Dr. Allen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1993
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Joseph C Allen Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFondren Orthopedic Group Llp, 520 Blossom St, Webster, TX
Dr. Joseph C Allen Jr is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Webster, TX.