Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph D Diaz
Dr. Joseph D Diaz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Allergy & Immunology. Dr. Diaz is affiliated with St Lukes Baptist Hospital and Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital. Dr. Diaz has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph D Diaz has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Allergy & Immunology
Dr. Joseph D Diaz has the following 11 expertise
- Watery Eyes
- Nasal Allergies
- Hay Fever
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
Dr. Joseph D Diaz is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
El Doctor Diaz, es un doctor muy apasionado en su trabajo, muy profecional y mucho muy preparado. Recomiendo al Doctor Diaz, he visto la exelencia en su trabajo, y sin dejar a un lado el staff con quien el cuenta, muy amable y cortez, siempre listos para ayudar. Para todos los que hablan espaÃ±ol, el Doctor Diaz tambien les puede atender en nuestro mismo idioma!!. Gracias a Dios por el Doc. Diaz!
Dr. Diaz has been mine and my children's allergist for two years. He talks fast :) but he is friendly, caring, and clearly has a lot of knowledge and passion for what he does. I have horrible allergies, and I refuse to see any other doctor in his practice except him. He is an excellent doctor and I highly recommend him!
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Diaz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Dr. Joseph D Diaz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - Innovative Health
- Imagine Health Innovative Health
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAllergy Asthma & Immunology Associates, 2414 Babcock Rd Ste 109, San Antonio, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph D Diaz in this video.
Dr. Joseph D Diaz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.