Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph D Devito
Dr. Joseph D Devito, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with another office in New York, NY. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Devito is affiliated with Staten Island University Hospital, NYU Langone Medical Center and Bellevue Hospital Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph D Devito has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 24
My husband was a patient of Dr. DeVito for many years. We were both so very pleased with the very compassionate and knowledgeable care he received. Dr. DeVito always had time to discuss any health issues, and even anticipated any possible issues that might come up. I have now moved out of state, and am finding it difficult to fine a doctor any where near the caliber of Dr.DeVito
He is the most excellent and available doctor ever. I recently got sick suddenly and called the office to see if I could see him on the same day and to my surprise, the answer was yes, outside of his normal office hours. I was so grateful that he was willing to stay after-hours to see me. He really listens to your concerns and asks very detailed questions to get a further understanding of your problem. He has very detailed explanation to what is ailing you and has great suggestions. I have seen Dr. Devito several times for annual physicals and sick visits and not once have I felt rushed or had questions I didn't get the chance to ask. He also reviews his previous notes before he meets with you so it makes you feel like he remembers you. Sometimes he runs late on appointment, but it's completely understandable given the amount of time he spends with each patient. Once I think I must have spent close to an hour with him. Even I felt so guilty for taking up so much time. I am incredibly lucky to have found Dr. Devito.
Dr. Devito is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1991
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph D Devito in this video.
Dr. Joseph D Devito is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.