Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue beneath the skin of the palm of your hand
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph Fogel
Dr. Joseph Fogel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Capitola, CA, with other offices in Capitola, CA and Monterey, CA . He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Fogel is affiliated with Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula, Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System and Community Hospital of The. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph Fogel has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Showing 5 of 12
I read the negative reviews of Dr. Fogel and feel compelled to write my own opinion. I have used Dr. Fogel for my entire family over numerous years. I have lived in the area since the mid 1980s. Dr. Fogel was always considerate and answered all my questions. He explained xrays and his treatment protocol. I asked questions and he answered them so that I understood. We have had many visits with him and were always treated with consideration by his staff. I call his office when I have questions about other orthopedic surgeons as Dr. Fogel no longer does surgery. I respect his opinions and have the highest regard for him and his office staff.
I went to Dr. Fogel because of a swollen knee that would not return to normal. While doing a thorough job of Xrays, he was so dismissive that I felt NOT cared for. After speaking with staff, my second visit now included much explanation, an appt. for a brace and the knowledge that "you should put off having a knee replacement for as long as possible (cuz they last only 15 yrs and I am in early 60's)". NOTHING was said about a care plan for the intervenening years and as a teacher I am always on my feet! Now (2 yrs later) I'm in pain in my other knee and looking for a new doctor!
Dr. Fogel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System
Community Hospital of The
34 Years Experience
Rosalind Franklin University
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Joseph Fogel accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joseph Fogel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Capitola, CA.