Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph Korey Jr
Dr. Joseph Korey Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Reading, PA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Korey is affiliated with Saint Joseph Medical Center Downtown Campus, St Joseph Medical Center and St. Joseph Medical Center - Reading, Pa. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph Korey Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Joseph Korey Jr has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Joseph Korey Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I have been with Doctor Korey 25 years and have found him to be very professional and patient with me. He performed my emergency hysterectomy and was very supportive afterwards, he got me through a very difficult time in my life. And for that I thank him He has always listed to my issues and complaints and made appropriate recommendations. I have recommended him to my family and friends and they too have had excellent experiences.
My child had no sooner taken her first breath when this man felt the need to inform me the baby was much smaller than he thought she would be. "You know what that means? Mom, you're going to have a lot more weight to lose." I came for a follow up appointment (less than 3 weeks after giving birth) and he continued to berate me for my weight gain. I'm not even healed enough to begin attempting to lose the weight. When I ask to be seen by another doctor within the group, I am told that I have to see this man because he delivered my baby. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere.
I WAS LOOKING FOR A NEW GYN AND SELECTED Dr. KOREY...WHAT A MISTAKE THAT WAS. HIS OFFICE STAFF/SCHEDULERS ARE INCAPIBLE OF COMPREHENDING SIMPLE REQUESTS; BLAMING THE "NEW" COMPUETR SYSTEM...MAYBE ITS THE USERS! I TOLD THE "NURSE" 3 TIMES WHY I WAS IN FOR THE APT; YET SHE STILL GOT IT WRONG. DR. KOREY WAS RUDE, OBNOXIOUS, AND CONDISCENDING RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNG...NOT WANTING TO HEAR MY OWN HEALTH HISTORY FROM A "LAY PERSON." ...EVEN THOUGH I AM A HEALTH PROFESSIONAL. I GUESS IT DOESN'T COUNT UNLESS YOU HAVE AN MD AFTERVYOR NAME. DR. KOREY'S OFFICE IS DEFINATELY NOT THE RIGHT CHOICE IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A PARTNERSHIP IN MAKING YOUR HEALTH CARE DECISIONS. MADE RUDE AND INAPPROPRIATE STATEMENTS REGARDING MY DAUGHTER.
Dr. Korey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Saint Joseph Medical Center Downtown Campus
St Joseph Medical Center
St. Joseph Medical Center - Reading, Pa
The Reading Hospital and Medical Center
38 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1975
Abington Memorial Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsBerks Ob/Gyn Associates, 11 Scotland Dr, Reading, PA
Dr. Joseph Korey Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Reading, PA.