Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Joseph K Miller
Dr. Joseph K Miller, MD is a Doctor primarily located in High Point, NC, with another office in Asheboro, NC. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Miller is affiliated with Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center. Dr. Miller has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph K Miller has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Joseph K Miller has the following 17 expertise
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Seizure Disorders
- Migraine Disorder
- Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Muscle Spasticity
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Migraine Disorders
Dr. Joseph K Miller has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Joseph K Miller is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 10
I took my father to Dr Miller and told him we suspected my father had another stroke. Dr Miller had my father repeat words, walk a bit, hold up a finger then said schedule a ct scan....for 30 days down the road. my father collapsed a few hours later and was rushed to the hospital. The next day I saw Dr Miller on the hospital hall where my father was and he would not take the time to go see my father. My father did pass. My husband just had a TIA and saw Miller in the hospital. We will be getting another neurologist.
If you need pain killers, this is the doctor for you! He will prescribe you whatever you want. Even if you have an addiction to them, and even if you have called his office and have requested for him to stop prescribing them to your spouse, he will prescribe them anyway! If you need medication that is highly addictive and with harmful side effects, this is the doctor for you.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Miller is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1983
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Dr. Joseph K Miller accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Joseph K Miller is similar to the following 3 Doctors near High Point, NC.