Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph D Navon has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Urologic Emergencies
- Kidney Stones
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Prostate Cancer
- Bladder Issues
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
The person below who wrote a negative review is entirely wrong, out of line, and he is the one that actually harassed the doctor and wouldn't let him explain the procedure. His negative review is referring to my husband. Dr. Navon saved my husband's life. He was in an emergency situation, was bleeding profusely, had severe infections and high fever. Dr. Navon was kind enough to immediately fit him into his 12 hour work day schedule during his lunch. He had to operate to stop my husband's profuse bleeding in order to stabilize him. Dr. Navon is an extraordinary doctor who explained very clearly what the situation was and what had to be done and he was always very professional. He saved the day. I would highly recommend him to anyone, especially if you find yourself in a complicated emergency situation. You can rely on him.
Dr. Navon performed a procedure on an elderly relative who was hospitalized at Providence Tarzana Hospital. From the first moment we met him, (when he came in to check on our family member), he was rude, arrogant and unpleasant. He was clearly irritated at having to tell us what was going on with our relative, and then sped through his synopsis. Questions were not allowed from us. He told us we needed to listen better and "not interrupt," like we were first-graders. He was defensive when we asked him to clarify certain things. Overall, I'd say we're lucky there are so many great urologists in Los Angeles. No need to go to someone with a terrible bed side manner like this guy.
my husband was very nervous about having a vasectomy, but dr. navon helped ease my husband's mind, everything turned out beautifully, I would recommend him to family & friends. the lady at the front desk was very kind & helpful, she checked our deductible and let us know what the fee's would be before the appointment which I appreciate very much. overall a great experience.
27 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Joseph D Navon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTree Of Life Center, 18370 Burbank Blvd Ste 514, Tarzana, CA
Dr. Joseph D Navon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tarzana, CA.