Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph P Turner has the following 2 specialties
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Turner was the attending physician at Hebert Nursing home where my mother was a patient. He was awful, so cold and uncaring. I literally had to go up to his office and drag him down to my mothers room to see her!!! I have filed a complaint with the health department against him. Should not be a doctor!!!
I met Dr. Turner at the SC Walk-in Treatment Center. I had a horrible cough and was not sleeping & could not get in to see my primary (it was a weekend). Dr. Turner was SO unfriendly and cold to me. I told him I wasn't sleeping well & he basically yelled at me that he would not give me anything to help me sleep b/c "you could get addicted to it"??? What? I took the antibiotics he prescribed & told the staff on my way out that he was extremely cold and rude to me. Next time I'll wait to see my primary.
Honestly this is the rudest, meanest doctor I have ever been to in my life (and I'm 65). I had the displeasure of seeing him and he barked questions at me, was completely rude to me, was very unpleasant and basically yawned when I explained what was wrong with me. Then, I look him up and see that he is a D.O. Figures.
Roger Williams Medical Center
Dr. Joseph P Turner accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJoseph P Turner Do, 177 Shenandoah Rd, Warwick, RI
Dr. Joseph P Turner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Warwick, RI.