Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph R Anderson Jr
Dr. Joseph R Anderson Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ogden, UT. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Allergy & Immunology. Dr. Anderson is affiliated with Primary Children's Medical Center, Jordan Valley Medical Center West Valley Campus and Ogden Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph R Anderson Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Allergy & Immunology
- Hay Fever
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Watery Eyes
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Nasal Allergies
- Drug Allergy
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Anderson is the BEST doctor out there and cares deeply about his patients. He is thorough, kind and considerate. He is a RARE doctor in that he does NOT make you feel rushed while sitting in his office. He actually sits down and talks to you, writes out each thing you are allergic to, by hand and recommends affordable over-counter drugs but at the same time, he will give you a free sample and even coupons for the more expensive meds. I've never even considered getting allergy shots until I started working with him. He provides advice without all the pressure! Wonderful, wonderful, doctor!!
Anderson is the epitome of a 'fee for service' provider. He encourages as many tests and office visits as possible. He appears well educated on the most current pharmacology solutions but seems to over-promote those when less expensive generic solutions will do the task. This doctor is probably the least sensitive to medical costs of any care provider I have used.
Dr. Anderson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
St Louis University Hospital
Dr. Joseph R Anderson Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Altius Provider Directory
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence Preferred FocalPoint
- SelectHealth Select Care
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsIntermountain Allergy & Immunology Clinic, 5929 Fashion Point Dr Ste 101, Ogden, UT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph R Anderson Jr in this video.
Dr. Joseph R Anderson Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ogden, UT.