Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph P Schuette has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Sepsis (Blood Poisoning)
- Family Planning
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
We have been with Dr. Schuette since about the year 2000. I went to two other Drs. until finally finding him! Dr. Schuette has wonderful diagnostic skill. He listens to what you have to say and I have find his recommendations are enlightening. I highly recommend Dr. Schuette for your family doctor. He also has wonderful office staff and his nurses are very caring .
I think it awful to have to wait more than two months to see your doctor. When we need to see our doctor it should not be someone else or have to wait this long. Dr. Joseph Schuette is a good doctor but the manner in which that office works is all wrong. I am speaking of the group. The change over in the group is awful. I have had to deal with two different doctors in the last couple years. I want a doctor that is availale and that is not going to leave anytime soon.
Dr. Schuette is always very compassionate & understanding. He gets to the bottom of the problem through very precise questioning & examination. I he can't diagnose the problem then he will get you to someone that can. My husband & I both go to him & will continue to do so indefinitely.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Schuette is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1989
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Joseph P Schuette accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRappahannock Family Physicians, 422 Garrisonville Rd Ste 102, Stafford, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph P Schuette in this video.
Dr. Joseph P Schuette is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stafford, VA.