Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph K Stanilla MD
Dr. Joseph K Stanilla, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA, with other offices in Camden, NJ and Camden, NJ . He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Stanilla is affiliated with Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph K Stanilla has 3 locations
1 Cooper Plz Fl 5
Camden, NJ 08103
Book Online Now
Dr. Joseph K Stanilla has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Joseph K Stanilla has the following 13 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
Showing 3 of 3
Terrible excuse for treatment
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joseph K Stanilla - Posted on October 17th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joseph K Stanilla - Posted on August 28th, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joseph K Stanilla - Posted on May 30th, 2011
Dr. Stanilla is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1981
Eppi Med College Penn
Dr. Joseph K Stanilla Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- QualCare HMO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph K Stanilla, MD - Psychiatry in Philadelphia, PA, in this video.
Dr. Joseph K Stanilla is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.