Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph C Szekely has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Joseph C Szekely has the following 11 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
Dr. Joseph C Szekely has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Joseph C Szekely is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I ended up getting Dr. Szekely in the middle of my pregnancy, because of a move, and am happy that I did. I didn't have a complicated pregnancy, but I did end up going overdue, and Dr. Szekely was open to listening and respected what I wanted to do in terms of delivering. He was very professional, and did an awesome job at the delivery. I was very happy with him and the the staff at the clinic, and would definitely recommend him.
I was diagnosed with uterine fibroid tumors several years ago. I am currently having no problems as a result of these tumors, but my PCP referred me to Dr. Szekely. His exam was the briefest I have ever had and cost $269.00. He told me that a hysterectomy was my ONLY option. Fortunately I had done my homework and knew that to be untrue. It wasn't until I told the Dr. that I knew there were other options that he explained those options to me, but still pushed a hysterectomy.He did manage to talk me into a D&C at the outpatient surgical center that he has a vested financial interest in. That procedure did nothing to reduce my fibroids and cost me approximately $1000.00 dollars above and beyond what my insurance paid. And the bills are still coming. He may be a good OB, but he appears to be one of the multitude of male GYNs that preform the 300,000 unnecessary hysterectomies every year. If he recommends mutilating your body I strongly urge you to get a second and third opinion if needed and do the research before you let him take a scapel to you. You may pay for a very long time while he and his family are sunning on some exotic beach with the proceeds. After all it's like a male doctor told me years ago, "It's not like you're using your uterus." I was 33 at the time and got a second opinion.
20 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Joseph C Szekely accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS New Mexico
- BCBS NM PPO NM
- Presbyterian ASO
- Presbyterian Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNorthwest New Mexico Womens Health Specialists, 610 W Pinon St, Farmington, NM
Dr. Joseph C Szekely is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Farmington, NM.