Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph T Black has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Joseph T Black has the following 9 expertise
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Dr. Joseph T Black has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 30
This dr. Could not even type...discredited every dr i had ever seen...said i never had gran mal seizure because i didnt lose bowels...although many witnesses were there while having. Said low blood sugar could not cause seizure and did not care what my endo said...interupted us talking because he couldnt keep up...told me people in my county where i lived did not deserve drs....told me he never seen seizures not controlled by meds...told me for my pain in neck ibuprofen as walking out...find out i have herniated discs...called and emailed to make complaint...left messages...no one will return call...
Dr. Black was extremely rude and arrogant. He spent a whopping 5 minutes examining me while asking me to walk down his hallway. After a cursory glance, he wrote the words "conversion disorder" on his prescription pad and slipped the paper to my husband. Then he started talking about me in the third person as if I didn't exist. Needless to say, we promptly left before I told him where to put his prescription pad. In case you are wondering, I have Lyme disease and I suppose it is "in my head" as Borrelia bacteria do reside within the brain. Perhaps, if doctor Black would have listened and cared about my health, I would have received a proper diagnosis 14 years earlier before more damage was done. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. You're better off doctoring yourself.
Jackson Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsWashington Univ Sch O Medicine, 600 S Euclid Ave Ste 16304, Saint Louis, MO
Dr. Joseph T Black is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.