Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Joseph F Zastrow
Dr. Joseph F Zastrow, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Richlands, NC, with other offices in Elkin, NC and Elkin, NC . He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Zastrow is affiliated with Lake Norman Regional Medical Center and Catawba Valley Medical Center. Dr. Zastrow has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Joseph F Zastrow has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 35
Dr. Zastrow has to be one of the most thorough and compassionate doctors I have had the pleasure of having as my doctor. He always seems to have time to explain in detail my diagnosis and bends over backwards to answer any questions I might still have to ask. He has a way of making you feel as though you are part of his family with the quality of care he gives each of his patients individually.
Dr. Zastrow performed magnificently as our family doctor for close to twenty years. We followed his career moves and currently drive about an hour to visit his office. Dr. Zastrowâs bedside manner and medical knowledge are superb. He takes the time to listen, evaluates with great care, and exhibits genuine concern for every single patient. His treatment over the years produced excellent medical results for my family. His staff follows his lead in courtesy, efficiency, friendly demeanor, and effective medical management. His character is beyond reproach. He gives back to the community and therefore makes a positive impact on patients and their families. Dr. Zastrow practices medicine the way medicine should be practiced with the patientsâ best care as the primary objective.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Zastrow is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Joseph F Zastrow accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph F Zastrow in this video.
Dr. Joseph F Zastrow is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richlands, NC.