Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joseph B Zwischenberger has the following 2 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Inhalation Burns
- Pneumonectomy (Lung removal)
- Lung Transplantation
- Vascular Malformations
- Esophageal Diseases
- Varicose Veins
- Mediastinal Diseases
- Interventional Radiography
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Lung Cancer
- Diabetes Complications
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
Showing 2 of 2
41 Years Experience
University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Joseph B Zwischenberger accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Kentucky Medical Center, 800 Rose St, Lexington, KY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Joseph B Zwischenberger in this video.
Dr. Joseph B Zwischenberger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lexington, KY.