Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Joshua S Adler has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Joshua S Adler has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Joshua S Adler is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 3
Outstanding Doctor for my parents
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joshua S Adler - Posted on December 24th, 2014
Dr. Adler has been my parents' doctor since 1999 and he is the best doctor that I could ever ask for to treat my parents. When my mom was terminally ill and couldn't go to the clinic for her check ups, Dr. Adler was gracious enough to make a home visit to check up on my mom. He has the qualities of what a real doctor should have. Fortunately, when Dr. Adler became the Chief Medical Officer of UCSF, he kept my father as one of his patients even with his huge role as one of the head of UCSF. He is a very pleasant doctor, very intelligent and most of all, very compassionate towards his patients. He is God-given doctor to both my mom and dad!!! Thank you, Dr. Adler. It's very difficult to get appointments with him, but I'm giving him a four star because I make all my dad's follow-up appointments in advance.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Joshua S Adler - Posted on April 14th, 2009
I was a patient of this doctor between 2000 and 2005 approximately. He was wonderful and had the respect of patients and nurses. The only problem I ever had with him was getting through the message board at UCSF at the time. When he heard about my trouble, he gave me an alternate way to contact him. I believe the message system there is much improved, but if not, it shouldn't take away from his good qualities.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
28 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Ucsf Medical Center
Dr. Joshua S Adler accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsUCSF MEDICAL CENTER AT PARNASSUS, 400 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA
Dr. Joshua S Adler is similar to the following 4 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.