Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joshua A Hersh has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Bipolar Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Hersh literally saved my life, marriage/family. He is a Doctor that actually cares about his patients. I think it is because he is in it to actually help people that want help. He has a full time job during day, and helps people at night/evenings. He is very deticated to helping. He doesnt put up with patients who have alternative motives, he helps only if you want help. I thank god everyday for finding a caring doctor that wants to help. Thank you Doctor Hersh. I wouldnt have found happiness in life without your guidence and therapy. I would recommend Dr. Hersh to anyone who is serious about getting life back. He does not put up with someone who is not serious about recovery.
Dr. Hersh is a great doctor. He's very attentive to my needs, asks a lot of pertinent questions, is concerned with my comfort and well-being, and makes me feel very comfortable with him. Not to mention he's completely adorable and charming, and I don't think he even realizes it. He's completely professional and seems like he loves what he does.
Dr. Joshua A Hersh accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFlorida Golf Coast University, 10501 Fgcu Blvd S, Fort Myers, FL
Dr. Joshua A Hersh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Myers, FL.