Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joshua J Minuto has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Infectious Disease
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Unpleasant visit. Wait time too long. Never looked at area physically that had been infected just talked a lot about nothing? Seemed like I wasted his time! Just talked about my results which could be done over phone? Then called and told me I had something which I did not! Which maws then cleared up. His Nurse was rude! I hung up on that conversation. The point is have a little more compassion, and don't talk over an already stressed out patient who needs your help!
This was the worst doctor I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. He was rude and uninformative, actually withholding pertinent information! He diagnosed my husband with a possibly fatal disease. He never once sat us down and explained the diagnosis, nor different treatment options or their probable prognosis with each possible treatment! He refused to admit that my husband was having a horrible reaction to a medication, even though everything he was experiencing were side effects of the drug written on the information packet he gave us about the drug! He made snide comments such as "you'll die if you don't take our drugs". And " herbs have pig feet in them" ( never bothered to ask what kind of herbs. Said I was destructive and argumentative when I tried to ask questions regarding diagnosis and treatment! He said " I'll give you a dollar if you can get another doctor to stay in the room longer". He completely neglected his medical responsibility to make sure that I had appropriate information on where to get tested myself for the infectious disease diagnosis he gave my husband. When asked " what about myself". His response was simply " you are not a patient here so I can't treat you". He was pompous and infantile! He may have a top notch education , however when you treat people like dirt and childishly take offense to very valid questions, knowledge doesn't do much for the patient or their families! BTW Dr. Minuto if you read this review.... You owe about $6 as that is how many doctors have spent not only more time with us, but more informative time! I hope that someday you grow through your experiences, creating opportunities to be the fabulous doctor that your ego stifles at this point in your journey! I also hope that you never treat anyone as poorly as you did us! Knowledge is nothing without the maturity to use it wisely and compassionately!
- Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Dr. Joshua J Minuto accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGeorge Sakoulas Md Inc, 7910 Frost St Ste 320, San Diego, CA
Dr. Joshua J Minuto is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.