Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Joshua B Nathan has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Joshua B Nathan has the following 14 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Anxiety Disorders
- Clinical Depression
Dr. Joshua B Nathan has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Joshua B Nathan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Criticized former providers and belittled other healthcare providers like primary care physicians in their managment of behavioral and mood disorders. Disagreed with prior diagnosis yet still prescribed medications that treated same diagnosis he denied I had. Very narrow minded and brought preconceived ideas into interview not allowing him to best take care of the patient...you! If you have a choice request someone else
Very insightful about advice with priorities for school/work/career/family/hobbies while one is also under the care of a head doctor (or so they call them nowadays)with a life. I would recommend this doctor to anyone, who needs a life/needs to get back on track/needs to set priorities right/needs to make amends with attitude conditions. He is ambiguous about health insurance so I suggest better administrative office staffing. In general, he is a pretty well-studied doctor (maybe attentive or so, unlike many I've met across the country).
16 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Joshua B Nathan accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUniversity of Illinois Chicago Neuropsychiatric Institute, 912 S Wood St, Chicago, IL
Dr. Joshua B Nathan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.